Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Little About Me!

Hi everyone! My name is Branden, and this is my first time blogging. Right now, I am in my second year at Rhode Island College, and am majoring in Music Education. I have loved music since I was in kindergarten. Once a week our music teacher would come into our class with a keyboard or trumpet and have us sing along or even play sometimes. When I was given the opportunity to play an instrument starting in 5th Grade, I just couldn't turn it down. I started playing the saxophone, and I loved it! I would go home after school, whip it out, and make my parents endure this horrible noise when I was just starting out. Needless to say, I continued with it through middle and high school, and now am looking at a career in music! It's a dream to be a high school band director, and that is the goal I am hoping to achieve! I took this class, not just because it was a requirement, but because it seemed genuinely interesting, seeing how schooling in our society is today versus the 20th Century. Outside of class and RIC, if I am not working, I am spending time with my family and friends, and just enjoying life!

No comments:

Post a Comment